3 nectarines, pitted and chopped into ¾-inch cubes
3 peaches, pitted and chopped into ¾-inch cubes
1 cup assorted berries, hulled
½ cup sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground cardamom
¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
Juice and zest of 1 orange
1 tsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 pound Sugar Cookie Dough (recipe follows)
¼ cup heavy cream
4 tbsp Plugrá European-Style Butter, unsalted, cut into ¼-inch cubes
2 tbsp sugar mixed with ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Crème Chantilly, for topping (optional; recipe follows)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Butter four 8-ounce ovenproof ramekins or a 13 by 9-inch baking dish using Plugrá European-Style Butter. Dust the buttered ramekins or dish with sugar.
3. In a large bowl, toss the fruit together with sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, vanilla, orange juice and zest, ginger, and cornstarch. Taste the fruit; you should be able to taste each ingredient, even the cornstarch (which should give the cobbler a
4. Depending on the sweetness and ripeness of your fruit, you may need to add more sugar, or a smidge more cornstarch (not more than 1 teaspoon).
5. Mound the fruit mixture into the ramekins or baking dish. The fruit will collapse as it bakes so you want to heap it so the fruit domes beyond the top of the baking vessel, and dot with the cubed Plugrá Butter.
6. Roll the sugar cookie dough out to a ½-inch thickness. Cut the sugar cookie dough into ½-inch cubes and top the cobbler with as many dough cubes as possible, distributing it evenly over the fruit.
7. Using a pastry brush, dab the dough with the cream. Sprinkle about ¾ teaspoon of cinnamon sugar over each ramekin, or distribute about 1 tablespoon over the cobble if using a baking dish.
8. Bake the cobbler until the cookie dough is golden brown and the fruit begins to bubble, about 20 minutes.
9. Serve the cobblers warm with crème chantilly.
FOR THE SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH
Makes 1 pound
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
¾ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
9 tbsp Plugrá European-Style Butter, unsalted
¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
1 tbsp finely grated lime zest
1 large egg
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the Plugrá Butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the vanilla, lemon juice, and lime juice and zest. Scrape down the sides, t
3. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients in thirds, scraping the bowl down after each addition. Continue mixing until a loose dough forms, about 1 minute.
4. Shape the dough into a flat dish, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and chill the dough until form, at least 2 hours or overnight.
FOR THE CREME CHANTILLY
Makes 2 cups
1 cup heavy cream, well chilled
1 tbsp confectioners' sugar, sifted